1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

CT license

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Premier_Lawn, Aug 29, 2006.

  1. Premier_Lawn

    Premier_Lawn LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    Ive been reading this forum for quite sometime and never had to post before cause i usually find what I'm looking for with everyone else's information and problems (which i have learn and enormous amount of info from everyone - Thank You) . But i just cant figure this one out :confused: I started my business last spring and I'm all legit with tax id # , a registered name, insurance.... so i think I'm legit until i hear all this other licenses. Now for me to operate a legit landscape company that can apply fertilizer and seed...mow...and plant flowers,trees, shrubs,etc....rock walls... how many and what kind of licenses do i need. I tried looking on out state website and that just ridiculous on trying to find anything on there. Just cant figure this one out with any ease. Next step is calling the state and lord knows how many times ill be put on hold. Thanks to anyone that i can help me hopefully a CT base company can help me out.
  2. plantzpropertymanagement

    plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member
    Messages: 189

    i do know as far as fertilzing you will probably have to get licensed for that from the state doing everything else i think your pretty much set.
  3. BSDeality

    BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,849

    you only need to be a licensced as a pesticide applicator if you're applying control products. as far as contractor licenses, there are none to date in CT.

    FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 260

    i want to say that you need a home improvement license for landscape installations. I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you alter any existing property such as planting trees, retaining walls, beds, etc... you will need a HI.

    Hope I am wrong.

    As far as for fertilizers you must have a ornamental turf and ???? something license. If you go to the dep website, i believe it is dep.com. I just asked the same question and actually emailed the state for an answer. they will send you a info packet with test dates and materials needed for the class. The only fertilizer you can spread is a neutral.

    hope this helps you out some
  5. Premier_Lawn

    Premier_Lawn LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    Thanks for the info, didnt think it would get answered that soon :clapping: ...i just want to make sure that im doing things right. Again thanks guys.

Share This Page