Cub Cadet 33" WB, trans stopped engaging

360ci

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hi Folks, I have an older 33" Cub Cadet walk behind. It was working great until it cut about 7 swaths on the yard and the transmission cut out. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts before I lift it up and start removing parts?

When I engage the transmission lever the unit makes it's usual deeper growl as it would if it was working/engaging, but it's not putting power to the wheels. I had it in for full service and check July 2018. Any guesses? Thanks!

IMG_20170721_165526.jpg

OP

360ci

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks, I've been unable to locate a manual and don't want to attempt to push it into the back of my truck as it doesn't have the power so I'm hoping for a home repair.

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Cub Cadet has a webpage with parts images. I was thinking that if you remove the cover on the mower deck you may be able to look under the engine mount and see if the belt is okay.

OP

360ci

LawnSite Bronze Member
Cub Cadet has a webpage with parts images. I was thinking that if you remove the cover on the mower deck you may be able to look under the engine mount and see if the belt is okay.
I'll have another look at the American website, I know the Canadian one has nothing. Thanks.