• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Cub Cadet commercial any good?

turbo5560

LawnSite Senior Member
What do you think about the Cub Cadet commercial mowers? I looked at them last year but got scared away. I have alway had Toro but thought i'd look around. I do like that they have a striper build on, I saw some pictures on here of the mowing results and they look great. They are also cheaper then toro. Is it worth it?

lawnspecialties

LawnSite Silver Member
I think they are fine machines. I used to have an M60 before switching to Hustler. My primary reason for switching is the local Cub dealer, not the machine.

Sure, they have their issues, but so does everyone else.:)

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes for many reasons. lol

Seariously they are good mowers. Very nice cut quality, easy to work on, parts are very reasonable when compared to other big brands. I've had mine for 3 years now and the only things I've replaced are blades, 1 battery, and the deck belt. (The deck belt is so easy to change, you can literally do it in 2 minutes.) I'm not a toro fan but they could be b/c there prices are way too high compared to others, and two, our local toro dealer is a joke.