Lawn Care Forum banner

cub cadet commercial

26K views 125 replies 47 participants last post by  sidemouse 
#1 ·
is the cub cadet commercial any good? the tank 48 with 23 kawasaki.

#6 ·
They are awesome mowers. I just sold mine because I loss some major contracts but I wish I would've been able to keep it. I had the exact mower you are looking at and it cut awesome and was a joy to use. I would reccomend one. Don't listen to the people that think a ztr needs to cost $10k for it to be quality. Cubcadet Commercial are awesome mowers. I still got two of their walk behinds and they are great also.

#7 ·
They are awesome mowers. I just sold mine because I loss some major contracts but I wish I would've been able to keep it. I had the exact mower you are looking at and it cut awesome and was a joy to use. I would reccomend one. Don't listen to the people that think a ztr needs to cost $10k for it to be quality. Cubcadet Commercial are awesome mowers. I still got two of their walk behinds and they are great also.
How much did it set you back for the ztr?

#8 ·
There are a lot of them around here, they seem well built (like all of them are honestly) but I've never owned one. The dealer here is a very large operation that also sells exmark. He's having a ton of trouble selling the exmarks this year due to the price increases. Season starts early down here and he's already talking about sending some of them back (guess he got a special flooring plan or they may even be on consignment)

Every area is different, around here you mostly see, Bobcat, John Deere, Cub Cadet and Exmarks with a few scags and grasshoppers. very few hustlers (dealer is a prick) and almost never a walker or ferris. Walker dealer still has a couple 2007 models on the floor and will be dropping that line (he's also the Bobcat, Snapper and Toro commercial dealer. He just started carrying the Toro's last year and they seem to be picking up some but still near the bottom as the old dealer mostly sold farm equipment and never really supported them or pushed them... he pushed the Kubota's as he had more margin in them.

#9 ·
i new they made comercial i dont think many people use them though but seeing that we both want mowers i am wondering the same thing.
is the cub cadet commercial any good? the tank 48 with 23 kawasaki.
Yes they are excellent machines. If you're going to get a Cub Cadet ZTR, you must go with one of the two lines in the Tank series. Do not go with the Enforcer or the Recon, both are junk. The tank is a totally separate machine than either of these, and I know a couple of people on this board went with the former and were regretfully unhappy with their purchase, so they ensue the rest of the Cub Cadet line is junk. However, this is not the case.

The Tank is extremely reasonable when talking price, so you shouldn't have any reason to justify NOT buying a Tank. I think people have the mindset that you can take a one foot in approach to commercial lawn care so they feel they should be able to get away with buying a sub-par commercial machine. This is not the case with the Enforcer and the Recon, as I believe these are above average homeowner grade machines. Home owners grade will not get you far in this industry.

I have two Tanks and one Cub Commercial 36" walk behind with the 15 hp kawasaki. All have treated me well and I have nothing but good things to say about their products. Some will say that I was one of the 'lucky' ones with their products, but I know that I am not a lucky person in general so it wasn't by chance that I happened to get good quality machines. It's the simple fact that cub cadet makes an excellent product at a very reasonable price.

#10 ·
How much did it set you back for the ztr?
Here's the following what I paid for my cub cadets

2007 Cub Cadet M60 w/ 25hp Kawasaki - $8200 OTD (now has 190 hours)
2008 Cub Cadet M60 w/ 30hp Kohler - $8300 OTD (now has 215 hours)
2008 Cub Cadet 36" WB w/ 15hp Kawasaki - $4100 OTD (now has 97 hours)

The WB has 10cc dual-hydro pumps, you can't beat that price for a commercial walk behind.

#11 ·
I like my 48" Tank. Tested a Toro, Dixie Chopper and Grasshopper before settling on the CC as I couldn't see a huge difference. Keep in mind I am not a LCP, I just have a lot of property to mow so someone who uses one day in and day out might have a different opinion.
Ended up paying $5.5k out the door brand new so I cant complain. My neighbor has one with a few hundred hours on it and he hasnt had any issues whatsoever.

#12 ·
Yes they are excellent machines. If you're going to get a Cub Cadet ZTR, you must go with one of the two lines in the Tank series. Do not go with the Enforcer or the Recon, both are junk. The tank is a totally separate machine than either of these, and I know a couple of people on this board went with the former and were regretfully unhappy with their purchase, so they ensue the rest of the Cub Cadet line is junk. However, this is not the case.

The Tank is extremely reasonable when talking price, so you shouldn't have any reason to justify NOT buying a Tank. I think people have the mindset that you can take a one foot in approach to commercial lawn care so they feel they should be able to get away with buying a sub-par commercial machine. This is not the case with the Enforcer and the Recon, as I believe these are above average homeowner grade machines. Home owners grade will not get you far in this industry.

I have two Tanks and one Cub Commercial 36" walk behind with the 15 hp kawasaki. All have treated me well and I have nothing but good things to say about their products. Some will say that I was one of the 'lucky' ones with their products, but I know that I am not a lucky person in general so it wasn't by chance that I happened to get good quality machines. It's the simple fact that cub cadet makes an excellent product at a very reasonable price.

What exactly makes the enforcer or recon a piece of junk?I have several hundred hours on my enforcer and it is a beast. I definitely would recommend it. Mine is a Kohler command 22 horse 48 inch cut. I paid 4800 out the door.

#13 ·

What exactly makes the enforcer or recon a piece of junk?I have several hundred hours on my enforcer and it is a beast. I definitely would recommend it. Mine is a Kohler command 22 horse 48 inch cut. I paid 4800 out the door.
Very sorry to have offended, I should rephrase the last statement.

I have heard more often that the Enforcer and Recon haven't been of the same quality as the tank, but still a worthy adversary.

#15 ·
love mine and would not have any other walk or ztr

#16 ·
Cub tank M48 cut

Sold it with 428 hours on it.

Good cut quality
high center of gravity
Jumpy controls
rough ride
wore the rear tires out real fast for some reason
would clog up some in wet conditions

Overall not a bad mower and I would buy one again but my first choice is Gravely over all others.

#17 ·
i have a tank as well it's the same one you're planning to purchase, it's superior in cut quality compare to my Ferris, bc the tank comes with a great stripping kit already. I'm not saying my ferris 52" 25hp is bad either i just need to buy it a stripping kit for it. i would strongly encourage you to buy one, to me there's no other mower built like it durability wise, the whole machine, is well like the name has it a tank, buy one you will have no regrets, just make sure you have dealer support for whatever brand you get. i have every brand available to me but i went with the cub bc of my dealer support,

#18 ·
I love my Cub Cadet, the mover has been nothing but great. The backing from the company is also great. Its hard to find someone who truely backs there mowers. Plus 0% intrest rate how can you go wrong? I have had more problems with my Scag the I have my Cadet. I have the Enforcer I know some people don't like them. I use mine in Seattle and it rains alot here. I have the bagger system on it and love it. I wanted something lighter then the Tank that mows just as good.

#19 ·

when they break, they not servacable, they have to replace the whole hydro unit......1100 bucks plus instilation.....

go with the tank

#20 ·
Timely post. I was just at my local Cub Cadet/Scag/Dixie Chopper dealer this afternoon looking at them. The Enforcer they had sure seemed to be pretty stoutly built. (they don't stock Tanks). Given the price, they're sure on my short-list.

They were asking $5500 for a 48" Recon and $5900 for a 60" ('08 models)

#21 ·
I haven't had any problems with my TANK M48(2004) but I'm not a professional, I just use mine as a homeowner. I do have problems striping with it though. I don't know if I need to adjust something or what. My yard has been over-run with the purple clover "crap" though, it seems I have to cut it really short to get a good cut on the clover. Maybe the clover has something to do with the striping, I don't know. Enough of that...I just wanted to say my TANK does good for what I need it to do. It's definitely rugged. I did add a suspension seat to it though, it helps with the ride.

#22 ·
I haven't had any problems with my TANK M48(2004) but I'm not a professional, I just use mine as a homeowner. I do have problems striping with it though. I don't know if I need to adjust something or what. My yard has been over-run with the purple clover "crap" though, it seems I have to cut it really short to get a good cut on the clover. Maybe the clover has something to do with the striping, I don't know. Enough of that...I just wanted to say my TANK does good for what I need it to do. It's definitely rugged. I did add a suspension seat to it though, it helps with the ride.
Check the height of the rollers. There are three different bolts that can adjust the roller up or down. Make sure that they are all the way down, that way they can have the most pressure to roll that grass over. Hope this helps.

#23 ·
We purchased a m60 last year around july and have put some hours on it. so far so good. the stripe does leave something to be desired but all in all we couldnt be happier. I prefer it over our exmark. going to have to try the tip capnsac mentioned and then i will leave some added feedback on that idea.

#26 ·
I cant say that mine stripes all that great either. Checked the rollers and they look to be at the lowest position, however I dont have very good grass either. I let my propoerty slide a bit over the last 3 yrs when we had the drought simply because it takes too much to keep it watered properly but we are biting the bullet and bringing it back to life this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.