1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Tank DOUBLE BLADES

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1998tahoe, May 15, 2008.

1. 1998tahoe

1998tahoe LawnSite Member

I ahve a 27hp kohler 60" Tank. Wanting to try double blades... Is the stock blade bolt good enough to run 2 blades??? Will it run ok with 2 blades??? Gator blade or mulching blade with the OEM HI LIFT????

2. 1998tahoe

1998tahoe LawnSite Member

surely someone has some info

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 54" Tank and have not tried doubles. If I were you I'd ask your dealer and maybe another one too.

I'm sure you'll have to find replacements for those large thick washers to reduce the thickness to accommodate the 1/4" thickness of the second blade.

But you are probably right -- someone on the site may have run doubles on a 60" tank with 27 HP.

Nosmo

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I would think they would work fine. Just stack 2 blades and try the fit and see what it looks like. Just make sure the nut/bolt has enough threads for both blades. It might take a tiny bit longer to spool up but from what I've read, the cut will be very good.

I have a Enforcer and thought about doing it myself.

5. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I cant see why you would want to put the added stress on the machine, the cub tanks cut fine without. Have you tried gators alone?