1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet vs. Husqvarna 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by khutch, Mar 10, 2004.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

With only a couple of jobs needed a 21" mower, looking to save some $$ and go with homeowner mower. Figured if my old Murray lasted as long as it did being totally negelected, a better brand might last a while. Anyhow, looking at CUB CADET 6.5 Kawaski w/swivel wheels up front, model 12A-997a712 ($479), HUSQVARNA 5.5 Honda model 55r21HV ($449) and HUSQVARNA 5.5 Honda model 5521CHV (big rear wheels - $379)
    Never owner either product.....
    Any thoughts??

2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

We have a Cub Cadet mower with a 6hp Briggs Intek and swivel front wheels. It's going on it's 3rd season. We don't do a lot with it, about 4hrs a week. I wouldn't't get the swivel wheels. The u bracket bends under normal usage. That is the weak point. The engine has held up fine so far. I don't know anything about the other brands. I bought mine from a dealer who also sells Scag. Matt

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I would suggest going for the extra power.
    I use a Husqvarna trim mower for bagging pool yards and haven't had any problems with it, however putting a Kawi motor on a 21" should make it unstoppable.