1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet wb lawn vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluefish, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Bluefish

Bluefish LawnSite Member

I found a used CSV 260 for sale for $400 so I picked it up. I blew a bunch of leaves in a big line/pile and it munched them up no problem. I just plowed right into them. They were a bit wet too, I was actually trying to clog the thing to check it's limitations.

I have read many on this site dump on wb lawn vacs so I was hesitant but this seems to work quite well.

It has a 9hp Tecumseh XL engine, 3" chipper (works pretty well), self propelled with 6 forward and 2 rev speeds. The bag holds 4 bushels and is felt lined (dust free).

Biggest problem I can see is you cannot use it on uneven ground. But combo it with a good bp blower and it seems you could make good time. Not as nice as a big vac into a bed box, but I am hoping it comes in handy.

Anyone have good luck with one of these?

~fish

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to see a pic.

3. Bluefish

Bluefish LawnSite Member

Here's a link.

Looks pretty standard except for the 9hp, most I have found only are around 5.5 to 6hp.

~fish

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Troy Bilt CSV. It seems to work pretty good. I supliment it with a couple Back Pack Bowers and a ZTR with a recycle kit and leaf removal goes pretty quick.

5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice unit. I don't think the dumping on lawn-vacs was for units like that. The homeowner grade units get dumped on.