Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
For many years Deere's small diesel tractors were Yanmar units. My understanding is that Yanmar felt they were getting the "short end of the stick" and decided not to renew their contract with Deere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the EX3200...nice machine....I like having the three range transmission...the hydro works well....FEL is a lil small in my opinion...would be nice if the bucket were a QA but it will do....the loader itself is detachable...looks fairly simple....have not had to yet so I can not tell you first hand...have used it for some raking with a 7' york rake and have done some mowing with a 5' bushhog...works very well....eventually want to get the MMM and the BH but that will have to wait...overall I really like the machine....good power for its size....priced well....and so far no problems

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
For many years Deere's small diesel tractors were Yanmar units. My understanding is that Yanmar felt they were getting the "short end of the stick" and decided not to renew their contract with Deere.
interesting, not that i have anything against yanmar, seems like a good engine, but if i was getting a deere tractor, id rather get the deere powertech. would be neat to see "little" deere diesels in their 2000/3000 series tractors soon then ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
interesting, not that i have anything against yanmar, seems like a good engine, but if i was getting a deere tractor, id rather get the deere powertech. would be neat to see "little" deere diesels in their 2000/3000 series tractors soon then ?
Yanmars are the better engine IMHO - Im glad its the yanmar in these series machines (which I have). Trouble free and arguably one of the best in the industry

·
Registered
331 Posts
agreed Ducati yanmar is the best out there its gonna be hard for deere to make one to beat the yanmar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.