• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Cub cadet Z Force rider - owner feedback wanted

Jason Pallas

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm looking at the Cub Cadet Z Force 44 rider. I did a search and found a little info on some threads. However, I'd really like to get some feedback as to how this units cuts. I read in one thread that onw owner believed the blade tip speed was all wrong (wrong deck pulleys) - thus causing a lot of clogging and bogging. Can anyone give me any first hand feedback?
The unit looks real strong at the dealer (20 hp Briggs) - well built, etc,... and priced really well .... about $3600. I'm looking for a smaller rider and this might just be it - I just want to hear some feedback as to how it cuts. Thanks.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
One of the reasons you can't find any info and no one will respond is the "Z Force" is a homeowner mower. I really wouldn't expect that you would get high hours from the mower under commercial use. Try asking over in the homeowner forum.

j fisher

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't buy it! I bought one last year thinking it would get me through my first year, until I could afford better. The deck supports broke loose from the deck after 2 months of use. Took it back to the dealer. Took 4 months to get a new deck. Also, Cub Cadet customer service sucks. There is also problems with the throttle control. They tell you its a commercial machine (even has it stamped "commercial" under the seat.) WRONG! I'm running a Scag now. The money spent on the CC was a complete waste..

OP
J

Jason Pallas

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks J Fisher - that's sorta what I was looking for. It is advertised as a commerical machine - and it looks pretty beefy - but I wanted to hear from a couple of people like you . Thanks for the input.