1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Tank Question? thrown belts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MotoRod, Jun 14, 2006.

1. MotoRod

MotoRod LawnSite Member

Has anyone had problems with the Cub Cadet Tank mowers throwing the belt? I am about to buy a mower and two of my buddies say there's throws the belts but the really like the machine. I'm thinking of a Dixion Black Bear 44 but it has a 1 cylinder Kohler 18 HP. Any comments welcome!

2. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

In 3 years, mine has thrown 1 belt and that was due to a stick getting on top of the deck while mulching/bulldozing leaves. No mechanical work, other than routine on any of them.

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine hasn't done that but if it ever should start throwing the belt I would make some belt guards to prevent that problem.

I did have a belt ride up and become jammed on a garden tractor one time. It was the main motion belt and what happened -- I had disabled the seat switch and rolled up the wire. One day it fell down to the pulley/belt area and
    it walked the belt right off the pulley and jammed it up between the pulley and frame.

If a machine is throwing a belt then something is causing that problem.

Nosmo

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

No problem with that here on our M48.

5. MotoRod

MotoRod LawnSite Member

Well I bought a Dixon Kodiac 50, 20 HP Honda for the same price of $5600. Hope I did the right thing.:dancing: :drinkup: