Lawn Care Forum banner

Cub Tank questions.

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bulldog26 
#1 ·
Anybody here run a cub tank? For those that do let me know what you think of it. I am looking at the 50" with the 23hp Kohler twin. At $5,300 its a hell of a deal and well over $1,000 cheaper than the rest.

#4 ·
mtdman said:
If I remember right the reason why that 50 is less expensive is the deck, and transmission. Don't remember why, but those two aren't the same as the full higher priced models.
Yup, that's right I believe. You want to be looking at the 48" 54" and 60" models with the welded decks. If your Cub dealer is a lot more expensive on those models (and in some areas they are) then take a ride to your local Lesco service center. Same mower for less.

http://www.lesco.com/ProdCatalog/ProdCatalogNav.aspx?ProdGroupID=31&SKUGroupID=84

I have the 60" and I can't say enough about it.
A better mower for less money... how can you top that?

#5 ·
What are the disadvantages to the stamped deck?

#8 ·
ProStreetCamaro said:
Anybody here run a cub tank? For those that do let me know what you think of it. I am looking at the 50" with the 23hp Kohler twin. At $5,300 its a hell of a deal and well over $1,000 cheaper than the rest.
also--be sure to check the available dealers for their service capabilities.

GEO

#9 ·
I have the 48" with the fab deck. It has been a great machine. Only problme I have had is witht he sterring linckage. One side keep slipping and slows me down. I"m sure it can be fixed but it has been a hassle. Second, the discharge shut is a bit small. If you need any more info, let me know.
bt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.