Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
The farm I work at on the side has a 01 dmax my couisin has a chipped 06 dmax drive them both and love them I have also drove a cummins and am a dodge guy. I would say get a 06 07 5.9 cummins better torque, and MPG is great. Guys on the dodgeforum hav seen 22 maybe higher mpg driving around empty and see around 18 pulling.

On my second dmax. My vote is dmax. My father in law has cummins. Puts on about 60K a year and trades every year. Just noise level alone inside that cab is enough for me to stay with Dmax. Pulling, I really think when our loads are even, I could do more, stay with the flow of traffic better, and I alwasy get better milage. I have never had a problem with mine but then again my father in law hasnt either.

The Dmax has my vote, my brother has 2 06' 4500's and hauls 17k of cattle around the country with no problems. One has 250k and the other has close to 300k I believe. He went from Dodges to the Chevy's and says he wont be going back anytime soon. Just my opinion and his experinces. Good luck with your decision

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.