Curb stop install.

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by greenmonster304, Apr 23, 2019.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

we installed this on a well lateral today. We are replacing the piss poor existing system. The original installer tapped the main in the basement which is 250’ away from the well. The well lateral is 1” poly. The zones were built for 20 gpm and had terrible pressure. I figure they were loosing about 20 lbs just through the well line alone. 023A9020-92A0-41C9-B8B9-2C8891A537F9.jpeg 830ECF41-5EF6-408D-AB25-8D0A3CFA7B38.jpeg A37AD1C4-4E5D-4113-9D63-3802BAEDEEBA.jpeg

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

I guess you norther guys have to go deep to avoid the frost line, glad I'm in the south.

Nice hair

Mark Stark likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes we have to go deep but this one was extra deep at 66”. I have never seen frost deeper that 36” here.

That’s the new guy. My other guy has taken to calling him “Jerry”

mitchgo likes this.
  4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Gold Member

Ohhhhh I like that riser extension. I use/ see curb stops often but I have not seen that set riser before. We just don't freeze like you guys

I was going to comment earlier and say that the guys t-shirt is way to clean while being in a hole like that.

Mark Stark likes this.
  5. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

Good spot on the pressure loss over 250' of 1" poly at 20 GPM. Should improve things greatly.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Mueller makes those two-hole top caps. No pentagon bolts. An extension rod gets pinned to the curb stop handle, and the Mueller key works it. The setup allows for varying depth of the curb stops, with only one key needed to work any of them.

mitchgo likes this.
  7. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll be playing with a half dozen curb stops tomorrow-it's HOA Day!

Remember-we get censored if we write curb ****.