CURBS

TPC

LawnSite Member
I am starting my first commercial jobs this coming week and they have a ton of regular curbs that are probably I dont know about 8&quot;<br>high....And I dont know how others get up them..I will be using a 60&quot; dixie and a 36&quot;<br>gravley walk behind....Please let me know<p>thanks

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have found the best way is to back over them, if not a pair of ramp planks, but that gets old quick.<br>

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Before I take on new customer, I check that there is total access to the property. If I can't use a ZTR I won't cut it. Carrying ramps or planks around is going to get old fast. I actually took down a 8' section of stockade to gain access to a yard. I then put it back using screws instead of nails. Then used a screw gun to take it off weekly. P.S.- no one lived at the house.

cutntrim

LawnSite Senior Member
Actually when I need to get up over a curb with a WB I just take it at a 45 degree angle. Pop up the front end by pushing down on the handles and go up one back wheel at a time. If you're going to be dealing with a curbed site all the time and can't back over it with your sit-down then perhaps build up a little gravel run in an unobtrusive spot. Doesn't take much of a mound - most curbs can be negotiated without any artificial help anyhow with a ZTR.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
I use a 2x8 as long as my mower is wide with a 2x4 screwed on top both even on one edge.I carry it on the front of the mower to the curb, place it against the curb and back up onto the lawn. When I finish I drive down pick it up and go to the next one. Cheap+simple for a ZTR.

OP
T

TPC

LawnSite Member
THANKS I think I got it now....This forum is awesome I just found it saturday and works very well..........<br>

Top Forums