1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Curbside leaf pickup

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by QC&L, Nov 26, 2019.

1. QC&L

QC&L LawnSite Member
    from Dayton

Just bought a DL14 Billygoat I had some people ask if I would pick up their leaves out the front of their house if they put them out front for me and I really don’t know how much to charge any help would be helpful.

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

When we had our vac depending on the amount, it was anywhere from 75.00 to 100.00 that covered our dump fees as well.

zlandman likes this.
  3. Skol

Skol LawnSite Senior Member

The town I do most of my work in provides curbside pickup to those in city limits, unfortunately....

4. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

$75-100 minimum. I asked one company for a price to grab a pile for me - told him it was 1/2 load max - he quoted it @ $175.

5. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

my town does curbside pickup as well. but there is always the people who dont get them out till late or the leafs arent done falling when the city passes.. im thinking about buying a dump and a bg next year and trying to test the waters. idealy if you could put together a route just doing curbside pickup even in other towns i can see where you could make decent profit..

6. MattZ28

MattZ28 LawnSite Member

We charge between 100-150 depending on the size, maybe more....Just remember if you do them rake the leaves to the hose don't run the hose in the pile. When someone else stacked the leaves you never know what's hidden underneath and you sure as heck don't want to suck up a dog leash or a chain....

hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  7. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, because there’s usually a dog attached to one end?

9B92C654-7A62-439F-9916-A922104771F4.gif

8. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

Curbside pickup starts at $100.00

MattZ28 likes this.
  9. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

10. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like the idea myself. The city here picks up twice per season but are known to miss streets and too many parked cars they drive on by.

If I were a homeowner I'd want the option to make a call and have someone swing by for curbside pickup rather than wait who knows how long for the city.