1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Curbside leaf pickup

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by QC&L, Nov 26, 2019.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Time plus dump fee

figure how long from your door to the dump , including time to suck up the leaves

using a price like $90/hr for the leaf truck
    You’ll probably see a minimum around $150
    And an average around $300
    But it all depends on where your hourly is and how far /long it takes to dump

2. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

We dump a cube of leaves when we dump.
    About 20 yards
    16D67646-8CE2-4174-924F-39F6F2651B4D.jpeg 83AFDE9B-62E1-484F-B05B-A5E6B1B14BA4.jpeg

3. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Each job is different for curbside pickup. Are you making a separate trip? How long have they been sitting there? Has it rain or snowed a lot? Dump fees? Capacity? Oh and trust me you aren’t going to want to be doing curbside with a 14hp if the leaves are the least bit wet. I really only have but a few co workers and friends I do it for because my min is $100 and there are others in my area doing it much cheaper. Now if you had a big loader and whole streets to do at $50-75 each you can make some money at it. $50-75 would be smaller piles ( full-size truck or smaller).

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

the guy that does my curbside, a landscape friend with a box, vac and a crew, charges me by volume.
    Has no minimum-could be 40, could be 240.
    man, it's nice to just text an address and watch 'em disapper! lol

caseysmowing likes this.
  5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member