1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Curious as to how my prices compare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kent Lawn Care, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Kent Lawn Care

Kent Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, im working on a bid for a local school district, the acreage there is about 31 acres in size of mowable turf, im going to bid it at $1285, does this seem pretty high or right in the ball park, the standard is cutting trimming once a week, they are looking for a minimal amount of work to be done. Thanks!

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I bet it goes for just under $1,000 a cut.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$41.50 an acre? Mac is right, someone is gonna cut that by a 1/3...if not in 1/2.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

YOu are right on target imo if there is a good bit of trimming to do.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Around here the schools let you spray rd up to minamize the trimming and save on THERE cost. $25-$30 an acre

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

wholly crap Rod! 31 acres for only $600 to $900 per week? I know 4.5 acre sports field went for $325 per week. That would equate to $2238/week

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The key here my friend is "local school district"...you must be able to do volume to make it worth your while, I know...I do one. BTW even at those rates, I make money off it...it can be done.

8. Hey Kent Lawn, congrats on the Rochester Hills Bid! I'd say the school work is going to go about the same; very, very, very, l-o-w.

9. Kent Lawn Care

Kent Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Rochester Hills Bid, thats news to me. i bid on a few in rochester hills, but i was never awarded anything. just curious as to what youve heard about me and rochester hills?

10. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I bid $415 per cut on a 10 acre yard with lots of detail work. I did not get it so I am sure somone slashed my price by a lot. I am not that hungry to give my time away. down here the average is $40 per acre. We got all of this oil money where I live yet these people are frikin tight! I wish I had some mail box money :rolleyes: