• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Customer always gets what they ask for, right?

DonH

LawnSite Member
Had a customer today who left me a note with the check on her door: "I'd like you to cut my back yard only once a month and my front yard twice a month, and don't cut before 11am." This is a lawn that I have kept up last season twice monthly, through the winter once monthly at $40 per cut. During the growing season I've been collecting $80 each month from her and she always asks for something for nothing... The dang yard is so filthy with leaves that I would cut early in the morning so the dew would help with the dust... So I wrote her a Proposal and put back in her door stating that "Due to rising gas prices and increased scheduling conflicts, a PRICE INCREASE to $50 per cut was in order. She called a couple of hours later on my cell phone, and agreed to the price increase, only would I be able to cut after 11am. I told her "Sure I can do that but it'll be an additional $5 charge for that, thank you ma'am. She agreed to that also...
Guess I shouldn't complain...HA