Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it finally happened one of my customers who my dad used to know he had started telling me how to run my business and i let it go but when he asked us to remove a large holly bush i told him we had to comeback the next day to finish up so when we get there the bush had been removed so i go up o him and asked whats going on and he said that he didnt like the way i was using my chainsaw:confused: i just dont get it has any one else had this happen to them ?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
well it finally happened one of my customers who my dad used to know he had started telling me how to run my business and i let it go but when he asked us to remove a large holly bush i told him we had to comeback the next day to finish up so when we get there the bush had been removed so i go up o him and asked whats going on and he said that he didnt like the way i was using my chainsaw:confused: i just dont get it has any one else had this happen to them ?

If all he did was remove a bush, how is that "threatening you"? No I can honestly say no one has ever come out and told me/us how to do things, maybe how they want it done but never how to do it. How were you running your chainsaw and why didnt he like it? Those are a fairly simple piece of equipment to use.:confused: I could see a old man doing that though, they usually like to put their two cents in on everything.

·
Moderator, Friend, Angel
36,324 Posts
A good many people in this world have mental problems. Many can still function at different task so its hard to diagnose---until they say something as stupid as the customer said to you. All you can say, is do I want to put up with somebody who has a mental disorder?. He did it and then let you come back without warning it seems. He is telling you how to run your business at that. Time to say buh bye:waving:

·
Registered
662 Posts
bad customers............hmmmm try this on ........

this happened about 1 hour ago.its SUNDAY may i ADD!!!!

customer just called said can you go pick up a "couch" at my house in ***** ( they have 2 very nice houses over 2 million each house about 20 mins apart)and bring it to the house in *********but i only need 1 man not 2 cause i already have one of youre guys here weeding????? what you have one of my guys there????? well she aparently worked "somthing-out " with him and hes there getting paid directly from her...so he and another guy can bring the couch in the house and to the 2nd floor..

hmmmmmmmmmm

i very nicely said no, and hung up---

id say thats worse---

and i havtn talked to my guy either, hmmmm thatll be fun.

but i still love LANDSCAPING AND TREE WORK, i really do its the best!!!!!!!!

ohh and by the way i dont move furnature i landscape- thanks- you can call a mover for that- not a landscaper-

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Tell him he can call you and let you know if he likes the way his NEW landscaper uses it. Yeah, this is the part of the business that can be a pain sometimes. Make it a game, it's more fun that way. You just will not be able to see eye-to-eye with everyone. Many people think they know everything. Sometimes you can deal with it, but sometimes it's not worth dealing with. Just let them go when they get bad. Let them becomes another LCO's problem.

·
Registered
662 Posts
ya some of these people suck

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have lawn customers call on occassion asking me to do other things like small repairs, etc. As long as I'm getting paid for it, I don't mind. There are some jobs they ask me to do that I have to turn down because I don't have the tools or skill to do the job. Some of these jobs would probably pay better than cutting grass.

·
Registered
367 Posts
bad customers............hmmmm try this on ........

this happened about 1 hour ago.its SUNDAY may i ADD!!!!

customer just called said can you go pick up a "couch" at my house in ***** ( they have 2 very nice houses over 2 million each house about 20 mins apart)and bring it to the house in *********but i only need 1 man not 2 cause i already have one of youre guys here weeding????? what you have one of my guys there????? well she aparently worked "somthing-out " with him and hes there getting paid directly from her...so he and another guy can bring the couch in the house and to the 2nd floor..

hmmmmmmmmmm

i very nicely said no, and hung up---

id say thats worse---

and i havtn talked to my guy either, hmmmm thatll be fun.

but i still love LANDSCAPING AND TREE WORK, i really do its the best!!!!!!!!

ohh and by the way i dont move furnature i landscape- thanks- you can call a mover for that- not a landscaper-
I dont mind if one of my workers does side jobs, but if one ever "worked something out" and did work for one of My customers without telling me about it first, That would be his Last day working for me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
and thats proubly whats going to happen, that or im going to drop his per hr pay...havnt decided..

·
Registered
958 Posts
Typical of what I call an 'armchair gardener' these dicks know all the answers:hammerhead:. Did he offer to pay for your time to travel to his house? I bet not. Unfortunately some people think we should be at their beck and call. I recon this this should count as two strikes, next one and he's out.:walking:
atb Phil :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You should read my other thread!!I've had that happen several times over the years but the worst was about 15 years ago. I was doing sub work for a friend of mine in a very exclusive neighborhood. The home owner owns several McDonald's in the area and I was trimming the shrubbery around the house-I physically counted 80 shrubs of various sizes. I was trimming boxwoods at the front of the house and the wife comes out and starts complaining about the shape I was putting on them. I like them to look nice and neat so I usually trim up the part that's touching the ground. Her comment, "What are you doing, those look like tear drops, I want them in the shape of a box. That's why they call them box..........woods!" I swear, she talked to me like I was in a scene from a movie as her whipping boy. I thought, "Yes Masta." I told my buddy that she could stick those shrubs up her [email protected]@ and that I probably had more education than the whole family put together. Another one for the "Lawn boy" scrapbook..:laugh::laugh:I never went back.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You should read my other thread!!I've had that happen several times over the years but the worst was about 15 years ago. I was doing sub work for a friend of mine in a very exclusive neighborhood. The home owner owns several McDonald's in the area and I was trimming the shrubbery around the house-I physically counted 80 shrubs of various sizes. I was trimming boxwoods at the front of the house and the wife comes out and starts complaining about the shape I was putting on them. I like them to look nice and neat so I usually trim up the part that's touching the ground. Her comment, "What are you doing, those look like tear drops, I want them in the shape of a box. That's why they call them box..........woods!" I swear, she talked to me like I was in a scene from a movie as her whipping boy. I thought, "Yes Masta." I told my buddy that she could stick those shrubs up her [email protected]@ and that I probably had more education than the whole family put together. Another one for the "Lawn boy" scrapbook..:laugh::laugh:I never went back.
Job well done If people cannot extend common courtesy then I'm really not interested.

I'd sooner they found someone else to do their garden
atb Phil:usflag:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.