1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Customer asks for price of palm tree trimming

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by crosson lawn, Apr 24, 2005.

1. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

I have 3 full days of mowing so i trim trees and fix sprinklers the other days. I was on a golf course trimming 32 trees between 25-35 feet tall with 1.5 years of growth on them and i charged $30 each. a guy who was golfing asked me how much i was trimming a palm for these days so i know he is shopping for the cheap price so i tell him 35 a tree and he says " Oh, thats way out there!" so i asked way out of what. he says that is out of range the most we pay is 20 each. so i quickly say what is his name i got 25 more to do and if he will do them for 20 an haul the debris off i will pay him 22.5 each so i don't have to touch them. He said well he hasn't been around this year and i don't have his name or number.

What similar storied do u have??

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

not in the lawncare but i haul scrap and a guy asked what i got to take a fridge i said 25 curb side . He said they other guys does it for 10 well call him !! i did he didnt come like 5 times ok then ill do it for 25

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

The pita down the street called me and wanted to know how much to trim her australian palms 2+ years of growth and haul it away. I told her $30 per to trim and Standard dump fee to remove. dump fee is $75.

She thought I said $30 for all 3.

What a nut job.

No that makes $165.

Oh you are very high. Yup, but seems like everyone is by looking at them.

This is the same lady that waited until 3 hours before mandatory evacuation from one of the hurricanes to have me cut down some of her oak branches. Charge me whatever. I charged $150 for 1.5 hours of work. Gave her the nice neighbor discount.
    a week after the hurricane she wants me to come and do more work to finish up for the $150 she paid me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :nono: