customer check bounced

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Does anyone add bounced check fees? Has one this year. Had a hell of a time getting money. Many trips and wasted time, just for a bounced check. My bank charged me for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
My bank charges me $45.00 for each occurance. So, I have that written in the contract. I only ever had one cheque bounce in fifteen years. Luckily the residential client covered it right away. It's no fun chasing after problems.

jsslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
I charge the max amount allowed by law. It happenes about 2 times a year for me and I have always collected.

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm going to have to start banking down in the U.S. Damn your fees are low. Vancouver British Columbia is expensive> Note: but do come and visit us some-time.

Last edited:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm going to have to start banking down in the U.S. Damn your fees are low. Vancouver British Columbia is expensive> Note: but do come and visit us some-time.
I'd love to come up there, lol, at least you can still play your online Poker, man I miss my Poker Stars, lol :cry:

Landscape Poet

LawnSite Gold Member
My Bank charges me $10.00 - I charge $35 ....figure that is only fair as they could potentially cause my account to be short in theory. You figure you have to edit it in your software....send the notification to the client. All that of course for $25.00 seems like they are getting a great deal to me. If not paid within 5 business days I charge a late fee for the amount originally owned too as they are late on their payment if it is past the 15th.