• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

customer doenst like how i mow

mikeshere89

LawnSite Member
look at this lawn and tell me how i could cut it differently, my customer is very dissapointed with the lines in which they are going she seems to think the should follow the sidewalk. customer is always right? i told her that if i did this it probably wouldnt draw your eye to the house, she said she didnt care. so i guess next time i will go with the sidewalk and see what she thinks of that. anyone else have any ideas?

dsc00370.jpg

jt5019

LawnSite Bronze Member
Looks nice to me, they sound like one of those people that are just never happy.Try going the way she asked and see how it comes out.If it makes her happy (even if its not as nice looking) i would do it, unless you really dont want to keep that account.

crawdad

LawnSite Bronze Member
Next time, do laps around the house. Seriously, if she doesn't like the way you striped it, do it paralell with the walk like she wants. When in doubt, give them what they want.
Meanwhile, she'll probably be getting compliments on her nice lawn, so she may change her mind.
Crawdad

OP
M

mikeshere89

LawnSite Member
here is another photo.

dsc00369.jpg

OP
M

mikeshere89

LawnSite Member
ah why not one more

dsc00371.jpg

battags

LawnSite Senior Member
The only time that I would refuse to do as the customer wished would be if it gave my work a bad reputation. For example, I refused to cut a lawn today because of how wet it was. The homeowner really wanted it cut but to do so would have left nothing but REALLY bad ruts, stuck mowers, and mud everywhere. I may have lost him as a customer, but nobody will every see me leaving a lawn like that!

As for your situation, don't worry. That's a great looking lawn and most people miss the finer points and the 'art' of mowing a lawn, such as the direction of the stripes.

Nice cut!

B