customer files?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by luckylawns.wf, Jan 4, 2019.

1. luckylawns.wf

luckylawns.wf LawnSite Member

I'm attempting to be a little more organized this year. Id like to put together Client Files that I can keep in my office that will have things such as name, address, price, duties to be performed, and their contracts in each file.

Anyone else do this? As I grow larger, it becomes more difficult to remember addresses and prices. I can get to anyone of my properties at any time, but I can't get my crew there every time I need them to go there.

What info are you putting into files?

2. Brad

Brad LawnSite Member

Just a couple of quick thoughts here. Sounds like you are sort of looking for a hard reference as well as something that you can pull up a list and print off for your crew for a scheduling template. Microsoft can supply templates which, with a little practice, can cross reference, schedule, etc. I would imagine other programs are out there that are designed specifically to do this as well.

There is Quickbooks as well that is highly regarded and some add-on that work with it, and will even integrate with mapping programs, but they with a price as well. Guess you can keep it as simple or as complicated as you want, but something to keep in mind, take a big bite now so in a few years when you grow your business the software and filing can be expanded with what you have rather than replaced.

3. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm only mowing, but all their info is on an XL spreadsheet. If I tried to put them all into folders I'd have papers everywhere and look like an episode from "Hoarders".

capture.jpg

Mark Stark likes this.