Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my best customers, who had informed me in May that they were selling their house, told me yesterday that they had a contract on the house. They told me that they would highly recommend to the new owner that she retain my service. The agent has a website just for this listing. Thought you guys might want to take look. I just thought it was interesting that the house was not even on the market 90 days and still sold in this "down economy".
http://www.269hughey.com/

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Nice joint.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Only $339,000!!?? Wow your market is much less down there. I might pack my bags and move to Tn! Thats a beautiful house on 18 arces for that price! Wow is all I can say. Up here that house would be worth around1 mil - 1.5 mil on 18 acres (depending the the nieghborhood) How much do you get for that lawn mind me asking?:waving:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
everyone keeps talking about a downed ecomny I really dont see it.....

Looks like were headed for a resession but a downed ecomny ?

where

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
everyone keeps talking about a downed ecomny I really dont see it.....

Looks like were headed for a resession but a downed ecomny ?

where
I dont know the area, but 18 arces and a 4000 sq ft house?? I wonder what that house would have gone for 3 years ago. My house is 1/2 that size and on about 1/3 acre and I paid almost that much for it. even in a crap economy you can give something away.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know the area, but 18 arces and a 4000 sq ft house?? I wonder what that house would have gone for 3 years ago. My house is 1/2 that size and on about 1/3 acre and I paid almost that much for it. even in a crap economy you can give something away.
not sure about three years ago, but they bought the house in 97 for 133k. they have done some major renovations as well. Guys, I'm telling you, this is a remote area. it's easily 15 minutes in any direction just to buy gas. Not real sure this even has public water. I think they are on a well. It is about 15 minutes from interstate 65. roughly 35 40 minutes to Huntsville AL and an hour give or take to Nashville. Property around here is CHEAP...for now. Some of these hayseeds are starting to realize that their land is worth a LOT more than they could ever make working it or raising a bunch of damn cows on it.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only $339,000!!?? Wow your market is much less down there. I might pack my bags and move to Tn! Thats a beautiful house on 18 arces for that price! Wow is all I can say. Up here that house would be worth around1 mil - 1.5 mil on 18 acres (depending the the nieghborhood) How much do you get for that lawn mind me asking?:waving:
please don't :laugh: I'm sure you're a great guy, but that is the problem around here lately. the secret is getting out that it is cheap living here and everybody is rushing to get here. did I mention no state income tax as well? Funny thing is you can drive 45 minutes north or south towards huntsville or nashville and you start getting into the kind of market that you are used to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.