Customer outside watching everything you do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few middle eastern old guys that do this too. It's just what they do.

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

If you are running a Walk mower, you can actually stand behind the mower pretending to tighten a gas cap or fix a wire and relieve yourself while an unsuspecting customer stands watching from their porch or window.

Walk mowers provide adequate cover for such tasks and due to the nature of their operation, are more discreet than Standers or ZTR’s for such an endeavour.

DXN1EL and rclawn like this.
  3. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

They don't work well for pooping though.

zlandman likes this.
  4. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

LawnGimick.jpg

5. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Some have their properties rigged with cameras inside and out. Literally watching every move of contractors while at work. If i see the camera at front door , I double my price

6. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Get use to it. We now live in that Big Brother society of motion detectors and video cameras. :dizzy:

Look at how many of your customers have those RING doorbells with the built in camera and audio!

www.ring.com/

gcbailey likes this.
  7. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Was just thinking about this. Had my truck repaired (rear main seal) and would love to have been in the garage watching the guy just because I enjoy mechanic work. I'm sure the mechanic would not have been amused about me watching.

Similarly some barbers let you face the mirror others spin you away from the mirror.

I hate the ring doorbell by the way, it's an invasion of my privacy at the customers house. ;)

Matthews Lawn Care likes this.
  8. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Right? Just creeps me out when they pull in from wherever they were at and start the conversation off with “I knew you were here cuz my doorbell alerted me”.

Yeah, well you were supposed to be here too since we agreed to meet 15 mins ago to look at your flower beds and discuss what you wanted to do.

NormP and zlandman like this.
  9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Had a customer specifically NOT to press his "Ring" doorbell whenever I got there because it was annoying to him.

(His wife had the RING doorbell installed because she wanted one!)

Matthews Lawn Care likes this.
  10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Wow. I'm surprised by some of these answers. What are you all hiding?

Privacy concerns let's get real what privacy can you hold standing on the lawn of someone else's properties.

As far as the client standing and watching as long as they are not in the way or in danger of getting hurt what does it matter? Is your trimming techniques super secret that must be protected or is the way you start your mower confidential information?