Customer outside watching everything you do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Jan 4, 2019.

1. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Now I have to use eye bleach to try and get rid of that image!

2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I think most were being sarcastic and the rest are probably trying to hide their identity. Never know how many Whitey Bulgers are trying to not end up in the slammer.

3. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

If that's the case what does it matter if a client watches or not?

One thing that has been shown in these replies is most don't want someone/thing watching what they are doing.

4. Matthews Lawn Care

I dunno maybe ask someone who has an issue with it? Think I was pretty clear that it doesn’t bother me in my post.

Why so serious? It’s the offseason, let your hair down once in a while.

NormP and zlandman like this.
  5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Don't see how I've come of so serious?

6. Matthews Lawn Care

Guess I didn’t catch your sarcasm? Are you watching me?

7. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Personally I feel a little weird possibly being watched on camera. Don't care I'm being watched but kinda feels like I'm being snooped on.

Went to the ford f-150 plant where you walk the catwalk and see the trucks final assembly and thought man what it must be like to work here and be watched by people all day long. No chance to scratch your butt or dislodge a booger anytime.

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Gold Member
    from WV

I don't mind cameras. Heck, I've got an 8 camera system at our shop. It's hard for a customer to say "you weren't there" when they have cameras. I know with a lot of our vacation properties I make the guys snap a few pics while they are there so we can let the clients know the property was serviced.

9. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

While working as a auto tech for most of my life, I had a place where I was the only person working in the shop. It was kinda like my own as I could arrange it like I wanted to so it would be a nice place to work. The boss came out one day and said he was thinking about installing cameras in the shop and office. I told him right then that if he does that, I'm going to quit and he can do all the work.

He never bothered to do it. He was going to install them so he could watch me from the office where he sits all day! He was the type that would question you if you didn't have a wrench in your hand and weren't physically working. He walked in on me reading a service repair manual to find out the procedure for fixing the problem and ask why I'm not working! Needless to say, I put up with his crap for way too long and walked out.

This should be in the rant thread.lol

10. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

I try not to get too irritated w senior citizens. Sometimes they are just lonely and bored.

DXN1EL, Burnie and Doc8406 like this.