1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

customer stops me mowing now what...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Jun 6, 2005.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

stopped at a customers house to mow. she was outside telling me i over charge by one mowing. and i left the fence 1" too high when i left last time. also, as i mowed she continued to tell my trimmer guy to trim here and there at lease 4 times. how would you guys handle this customer?.

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

If she is a PITA, drop her. Not worth the hassle.

3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Drop her like a bad habbit. Tell her go back in the house, we know what we're doing and tell her to not come out when the equipment is running.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Did you overcharge her? What do you mean you left the fence 1" too high and is your trimmer guy missing spots?

5. LCME

the back yard is fenced in. i can not get my mower through the gate. so, the customer told me to disassemble 2 fasteners and peal back the fence to get in. after i leave to re-assemble it. appears the fence was 1" higher than the rest. the trimmer guy is doing a great job.

6. LCME

forgot to meantion she also told me i overcharge her one mowing. i did 4 last month. but she says i only did one.

7. LCME

no i did 4 mowings last month. she says i only did 3. will print out a statement and mail it to her. we will see.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

That math doesnt add up 4 mows, she say you mowed 1 time, that leaves 3 but she said you overcharged by 1. Between this and having to disassemble a fence to get in the back yard, I think its time to part ways here unless you cant eaT If you loose this yard

9. LCME

no i mowed 4 times last month. she says i only mowed 3. so thats 1 less mowing she says. i'm sure i mowed 4 total last month. too much trouble. will be dropping soon.

10. LCME

yup plan to drop. one more cut and see what happens.