1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Tips to Employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ARGOS, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Do you guys allow employees to accept cash tips from customers?

2. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Sure I have for years, they don't come all that often. More often then not that customer has done a smart thing, the guys will remember it for a long time and look out for that customer.

3. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Allow it! If your guys are busting their butt good enough for a customer to tip then they deserve it. Not to mention they will take care of that customer well which equates to a lower turnover for you.

4. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

If a customer decides to tip one of your guys I'm not so sure the LCO owner is legally allowed to deny the employee. That was a transaction between the customer and the employee only.

5. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I only have one employe and he works with me, If a customer gives a tip almost always give it to me and I half it with him.

6. tennesseelawnguy

tennesseelawnguy LawnSite Member

Absolutely. If they are doing that great of a job, then by all means let them accept it. That's one customer you know is happy.

7. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

gotta love the tips $$$

8. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

If somebody puts money in your hand... take it.