Customer Work Log?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PamlicoLawnCare, Nov 9, 2018.

1. PamlicoLawnCare

PamlicoLawnCare LawnSite Member

I’ve been using individual “customer activity sheets” in a 3 ring binder for writing and recording any work or transactions for a customer. I also use a spiral-bound planner with calendar for scheduling. I’ve been doing this for 10 years.

Was wondering if guys continue to write/record customer activities and use hard-copy calendars when also using business software?

Thank You,

Rod

2. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

No, it's too much paperwork to handle. Technology has taken the place of any notebook I had.

3. South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns LawnSite Member

Can you show me an example of how you do it on paper?

I'm looking into yard book but im afraid of them selling/leaking mine and my customers info.

zlandman likes this.
  4. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of this "digital" stuff i am not familiar with, things like Excel and such. Having been a "servant" of the people working for the state and now i am off to this "new adventure", i would like to know what i can use on my IPad Mini 2 to keep track of clients, schedules and routing. i have all winter to learn all of this. i want be proficient when spring comes.

TrainingWheels likes this.
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

managemart.com when you have your customers listed in your schedule, upon completion of a job you can add comments in the comment section of what services you did that day. It's cloud based so you can access it from your computer at home or on your cell phone on the road.

Doc8406 and TrainingWheels like this.
  6. Doc8406

thanks.. i will look at it

Do you feel that this is better than Yardbook? Just seen this mentioned in a thread..

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

I have signed up for yardbook and never really used it. Just added some clients into yardbook and played around.

Doc8406 likes this.
  8. Doc8406

thanks, maybe someone will eventually chime in..

9. South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns LawnSite Member

Yardbook is excellent, i'm just afraid of they being able to steal mine and my customers information to sell...

zlandman likes this.
  10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Outside of name and address what is there to steal?