Customers Grumpy Neighbor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawntkd, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Lawntkd

Lawntkd LawnSite Member

Any of you guys have one of these? This guy I guess just got done mowing his lawn. As I was blowing off I saw him standing on his property looking at me. Very little grass clippings were making its way towards his property line so I went to the line and blew it back to customers property. I Iook at him and he shakes his head. Ok? I contine and after blowing off the back dude is staring at me. I look away...still staring. Looking pissed. So I take off my headphones and stop the bliwer..ask "how you doin?" He says the same to me and I think maybe he wants a quote or something. I start to walk towards him and he says " Dont walk on the grass please" all dismissive with a pissy look. " Oh, I thought you wanted to talk to me" I say. He says " No just watching"

What is it with some people. This dude was pissed that maybe some (if any) clippings entered his curb line. The wind was blowing. Then I see the wind carry a piece of trash to his yard that he picks up. Hes probably pissed at the wind now too I thought. Kind of a jerk for no reason.

2. bluetruck

bluetruck LawnSite Senior Member

yeah it happens once and a while. if i notice someone out of the corner of my eye, i just will not look their way. it seems to prevent problems when they think you dont see them. lol

Lawntkd likes this.
  3. 1977212

1977212 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd personally just fill up a hose end sprayer full of gly and spray his lawn at night.

Lawntkd likes this.
  4. MoWinmoneyy

MoWinmoneyy LawnSite Senior Member

Don't let it get to you bro. Everyone has those. They are just mad at the world.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

ignore them and keep working.

iand, MoWinmoneyy and Lawntkd like this.
  6. Lawntkd

Lawntkd LawnSite Member

LOL...I thought about that but im nowhere near that much of a jerk. If I see his grumpy a** again I'll just ignore him I guess.

MoWinmoneyy likes this.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

...or roundup ice cubes works well too.

Crammin'Mows likes this.
  8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

An A$$ needs undiluted Ortho Ground Clear. Not. Interfering neighbors have been threatened with a visit by the police and a law suit. I will not tolerate people harassing me about nonsense.

9. KLC Lawns

KLC Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I was blowing leaves about 10 from the property line in a client's yard when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Turned around and an old geezer was throwing sticks at me. I shut the blower down and put on a smile, pretending I couldn't hear him with my earplugs in. When I talked to him he said I was blowing leaves on his property and showed me property line. The only way that could have happened is wind carrying them over my head but I doubt even that. But since he was standing in leaves as deep as the yard I was on, I told him he really didn't need me blowing more leaves over there lol. Ended up giving an estimate to him etc.

10. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

I get about 6 or 7 stares a year and out of those I usually get 3 comments or so and ALL of them are by retired old men. I try not to get clippings or blowoff on other people's lawn but the wind has a say in things. I usually blow it back.

JLSLLC likes this.