Customers who want to reschedule

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
I put up with very little from an EOW. You're only there 12-13 times in a year! If they're so cheap they need to save 50% or less off the cost of 1x mow by pushing it out days or a week ... I'd give them the run down and last chance agreement. What are they saving $17? And making a mockery of your business plan! Answer is no, we will not skip, this is the schedule take it or leave it.

Seriously these people must call the cable company to turn it off for a few days if they'll be gone.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
by the way I know of a successful landscape company owned by two brothers. Things went real good until one of them got a little sideways about things. They've got a real mess on their hands now.

Up front all expectations and duties and ownership and rules in writing signed agreed re-read out loud yearly.

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
Routes are routes and pricing given is based on that route. A mail man could not deliver an envelope for the price of a stamp if he wasn’t on a route. A garbage service doesn’t come the next day if you forget to put out the trash.

if they want to skip, then they wait until the next route opening, which is normally the following week. Weekly service is standard for my market, so we charge more for bi-weekly , and if they skip, they have to wait until their next normally scheduled service date -2weeks later. If the grass grows over 6” when we come out to mow, it a double charge.

the alternative is to create contracts where you get paid regardless, they have their own pros and cons.
Oh I like those analogies! FIRE!