Cut your time mulching by 1/2

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Stinger Equipment, May 11, 2019.

1. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

Quick suggestion for stinger that is a 6 cubic foot tray if you made one like my Brentwood’s 8 and 10 cubic foot I would think a little bit harder on it. Name of the game with mulch is moving volume to the bed. I’m at 400 plus yards of mulch a year from Jan- May. A six cubic foot wheelbarrow powered or not has no place in the mulching application imo

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

We have two. Don’t use for mulch as much unless we’re having to run uphill or long distances. That said they’re great for gravel and soil. Guys everything with an engine is expensive these days. I can promise you though they’re well built and hold up to employee use quite well.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

Stinger Equipment Sponsor

Not sure where you get 6 cu ft....is far larger than that. 1/3 of a yard is 9 cu ft and that being conservative. It’s more like 10.

BrandonV and KUMA01 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

5. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

6. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

Here are some pics from a customer who added side extensions so he could haul 1/2 yard per load....that 13.5 cu ft

That’s moving some serious mulch.

DB8E9839-8B71-4EBB-BD31-8AB85D2C9ABE.jpeg B3A2BFAC-4942-419C-9F87-A06053DCE2ED.jpeg I

Cam15, KUMA01, Mark Oomkes and 2 others like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

Just try it...you don’t want a dual wheel either.

It’s self balancing and much more maneuverable with a large single wheel.

KUMA01 likes this.
  8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

How much better off am I as a solo landscaper using this product over traditional 6cubic ft wheelbarrows? Am I saving that much time? I'm currently spreading about 100 yards of mulch a year. Not sure how butmuch a good bit of soil, rock and then about 500 bales of pine straw.

9. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

If you have a dump trailer you will cut your time by 1/2 and not be dragging a$$ at the end of the day.

Loading that much mulch quickly is the key when you get one. Moving it which was the work is now 2x as fast and the easiest part of the job.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I played with one at GIE two years ago and I may pull that trigger. Please excuse my ignorance on this but how well does that Honda hold up to the job? Service intervals? Is this still a functional wheelbarrow if the engine died?