1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jayandlo, May 10, 2002.

1. jayandlo

jayandlo LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

How can I decide how much to charge to cut 6 acres of land with two homes included. About 2 acres between each home and there is a fence that splits the acreage in half. I am looking for any ideas.

This property is about 35 miles from my home. Any insight will help.:blob4:

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of machine are you using? What kinds of obstacles are there? i.e.- beds,trees,etc.
    Are you solo? Down here I think most are getting around $40 for a straight acre. Just mowing. If you have a good rider (ZTR),you should be able to knock an acre out pretty fast. IF you don't have to deal with a lot of obstacles.
    Just my .02;)

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

$65 per acre is my minimum. After looking at the property than I will adjust if need be.

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 3 acre yard, and mow and trim around all obsticals and house - trees, phone boxes etc in 1 hr. 20 min. with a JD all wheel steer 455-flex-deck - 78" cut. I figure you need at least 60 dollars per hr to run this type of equip, so figure it out.

Thanks brad

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a hell of a drive, don't you think?

35 miles, I can be in three DIFFERENT States!!!

All my lawns are within a 4 mile radius, and I think some are a bit out of the way!

Make sure you figure in your travel time into this bid! That should be $60 just for travel right off the bat! I figure about 5-6 man hours to mow (without looking at it) especially with the fence dividing the two will prevent continuous mowing.

Shoot a high price at this one!

$300 - $350 would be my quote, but only because I would'nt even want something THAT far away.