1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

cutting tight areas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fullburn, Mar 28, 2008.

1. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

Looking for best way to cut areas that are close to walks, gardens, buildings. some of these areas are so close either direction will blow clippings all over either bed. I think blowing off clippins will get time consuming, yet so would bagging. maybe a rear discharge push mower for around units. what are you doing in these tight condo areas?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Mulching should work just fine when you have the shield in place. Just put a mulching kit on your current mower. Don't go spend a bunch of money when you don't have to.

3. fullburn

fullburn LawnSite Member
    from ct.

I have yet to see mulching work good in conditions like spring or fall, high damp grass.

4. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Just put a block off plate on your mower I have one on my bad boy works great but if the grass is real thick or high it will leave a trail of grass at the shield I go over it again and its gone.Do a search there is a guy on here that makes a real nice one.