1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by killerwill34, Apr 23, 2006.

1. killerwill34

killerwill34 LawnSite Member

I quoted a lawn thats about 3/4 of an acre for $175 for 4 weeks. Is this about what everyones getting, too much or too little. Im using a 36inch mower with 1 helper. Is that a fair price?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

is that 175 per mow, or 175 per MONTH?

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

safe to assume that is per month...nobody gets $175 on 3/4 acre unless it is done by hand with barber scissors

4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

It says $175.00 for 4 weeks.

Thats about $44.00 per cut.

Little low in my book. I do 10,000 sq ft for $40-$45.

5. Kenneth

Kenneth LawnSite Member

sounds fair for the customer is it for you travel time

6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

3/4 acre total, or turf area. If its total, flat, not a lot of trimming at all, then that might be a bit low. if you have a lot of trimming, hills, etc, then probably should be higher.
    Without seeing it, its hard to quote. Ive got one I just started that is about 30,000 sf and I am getting 55 per cut.

Caveat: different areas will have different prices depending upon market conditions.

7. killerwill34

killerwill34 LawnSite Member

its all flat, but has a round inground pool in the back yard. the guy is renting out the house, and said he got a quote last year from the neibors landscaper of $170 a month. $175 with increasing gas prices I thought was okay.

8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to have to bag it so nothing gets in the pool?

Id ask to see that quote. It seems AWFULLY low to me.

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

could be a case of the customer lying to see how cheap he can get it. There is another active thread on this very subject.

I can go to Lowes and SAY home depot has it cheaper, but they won't match the price until they have proof.