1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cyclone Rake

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Aug 23, 2004.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Can anybody give me any information on how good the Cyclone Rake is for mulching and picking up leaves and grass clippings, it would be attached to a 27 hp Hustler Super Z. I would like to know how well it is built and if you consider it worth the money.

2. Joelawnnut

Joelawnnut LawnSite Member

I have a hustler super Z HD 72" with the cyclone rake Z 10 it has been the best investment I've bought for my property can't say enough good things about it or the company. Had a problem with the 10 inch hose my muffler melted it they sent me a new one free of charge and told me how to rectify the situation I have owned it for two years. Has been great!

GoPappy and puppypaws like this.
  3. JTLarson

JTLarson LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Shenandoah, IA

I am going into my 3rd year with my Cyclone Rake Z 10. I have been running it behind a Ferris 3200, 72". It is excellent for picking up and mulching leaves and bagging grass. I mow commercially and it has been used and abused. Seems like you can run forever before it is full. Used it to clean up leaves and get them to the curb for a leaf loader.
    As Joelawnnut stated, they are a great company to work with. Very knowledgeable and know what you need.
    I did order some parts this year to fix a few things. Through all the curbs, landscapes, tree roots, etc, I had bent one of the mounting plates that the wheels are mounted on. I had caught the bag/rails on the leaf loader arm and tore a hole in the bag and broke one of the rails, so I ordered a replacement bag and new support rails. I also ordered a new boot that attaches to the deck because the other one was getting to be in bad shape from wear and tear, but it is still being used after some reinforcements.
    It adds about 6 feet behind the mower, takes a little getting use to, but overall I would highly suggest one.
    Like I stated, mine has been used commercially doing fall cleanups, bagging large areas where grass had gotten away from me, and trailered up and down the road to different properties. A company I use to work for purchased a Walker when I left, and they said it is not near as fast for leaf cleanups.