Daconil seems to also repel deer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Delmarva Keith, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

That's the claim...I have a customer that would beg to differ.

Delmarva Keith likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Senior Member

It’s pricey. Around $300 for 5 gal pail?

3. SMC

SMC LawnSite Member

Yes, but much more cost effective when you factor the additional material and labor costs of other deer repellent services. There is a reason Bartlett Tree, SavATree and Davey Tree are using DeerPro. Higher margins for the applicator and a better value for the homeowner.

4. SMC

SMC LawnSite Member

There are many companies in Grand Rapids using DeerPro Winter to successfully protect their customers landscaping from winter deer browse.

5. Mark Oomkes

I'm one of them...using it that is. But we had some arbs that were shredded after being treated.

hort101 and Delmarva Keith like this.
  6. SMC

SMC LawnSite Member

Wow! That is very unusual. I've never seen deer eat arborvitae treated with thiram.

7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

They must have been very hungry.

8. Mark Oomkes

To be fair, we had a lot of rain and freezing rain. Snow early in November, then came a lot of the rain and freezing rain. Didn't drop a plow until the 19th of January after plowing a few times in the second week of November. Then we had 7 weeks of non-stop winter.

So it is possible it was diluted\washed off, but it did not provide 6 months of coverage.

hort101 likes this.
  9. SMC

SMC LawnSite Member

Still highly unusual.