Daily afternoon POSITIVE thread.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Outlawn, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

WHAT?
    you actually use a real edger? lol

(finding a box of 50 reminds me of the good 'ol Tanaka shaft-drive days-a box of 50, double sharpened-man those edgers were great, a little fussy, but great.)

2. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

Yes, sir! I suck using the trimmer for edging. Stevie Wonder could do a better job. I’m much faster with the stick edger, even with the extra trip to the trailer.

Cedar Knoll Lawn Care likes this.
  3. Todd73

Male, from Florida

Customer in a fairly high end neighborhood comes out today to tell me she a) approved my estimate on her driveway and sidewalk wash, b) she wants to add some fence cleaning, c) she approved my estimate to build in hedge trimming to her monthly package, and d) she referred me to the neighbor across the street!

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

good on ya...

I'm old school enough to use an edger to edge!

5. Todd73

Male, from Florida

Most LCOs here use a stick edger. I know I find it easier with the St. Augustine here.

hort101 likes this.
  6. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Gold Member

Submitting all of our paperwork to see if we're gonna buy this house. I'm hoping it goes through. Although it will create a ton of work for me it will be a place to call home for the next 20 years.

7. Todd73

Male, from Florida

He texted me Tuesday night. Chatted a bit with him, including directing him to my website so he could choose what services he wanted. Drove out to the house and walked the property yesterday. Sent him the estimate with the services he chose. He approved. I run pre-pay, so I sent him the prorated invoice for the remainder of June last night. Get up this morning and it’s already paid!

Couldn’t have gone any smoother.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Gold Member

Mowing tomorrow and I feel good about

hort101 likes this.
  9. Clay Guinn

Clay Guinn LawnSite Member
    from MT

Tomorrow will be the first day this week that a mower won't break. Might be because we aren't working but nothings going to break.

sjessen and Greencuts518 like this.
  10. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds as if you all will be on a BREAK! :sleeping:

Clay Guinn and sjessen like this.