Daily Afternoon "Rant" Thread....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Dec 19, 2016.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

10 am and still below freezing, Im not sure if I can get everything done this week.

JLSLLC and sjessen like this.
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah it's either raining or too cold. rest of this week is in the 50s for the highs though so maybe can finish up before christmas.

larryinalabama and JLSLLC like this.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in the same boat, I hauled a load of froozen leaves today, did an oil change and cleaned my roof and yard.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Good news is you have something to do.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

As of tonight I have 43 final cleanups left. Be lucky to get half of them done before Christmas.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I'm down to 22, goal is to be done Friday. Saturday morning will be cleaning mowers and putting them away for the year.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yep been too cold, windy or rainy to get much work done he either. Stinks, just like the Summer drought and heat wave did. We went from dust bowl leaves to thick as mud leaves. 5 % of witch don't seem to want to be mulched

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'm finally going to be able to put mulch down today on a large landscape project. Seems like I have been going to the same house everyday for a month. Going to finish it, pick up final payment and try to catch up again. I was determined to get this project done before Christmas.

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Equipment keeps giving me trouble. Blower, mower,and hedge trimmer have all died. On separate occasions. Gotta fix the trimmer and im good. Cold out there and i dont have a shop, storage etc to work out of... Yet.

Trying to make a few key moves/goals for 2017, hope you do too. Take it easy everyone.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea I have spent a lot of money on repairs lately. Personal and business. Just seems like it never ends. Fix one thing and there goes something else. Bummed out about the whole thing. Hopefully time will fly by and it will be Spring before we know it

larryinalabama likes this.