1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Daily Afternoon "Rant" Thread....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Dec 19, 2016.

1. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Wait! Those are the same two that will end up in front of you at check out and wait to get their money out or write a fricken check. Who the heck writes a check anymore for groceries?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    hort101 and Wye Oak Tree like this.
  2. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Member

I just had that same experience at Costco. I was in a motorized cart (broken foot) and a lady looks at me then stays in my way at the register. One side of my cart was dragging the register and the other side was smashing her in the sides, she still would not move. I hit her harder.

ltdlawn and RussellB like this.
  3. RussellB

Well I was eating chicken wings when I opened the envelope. Lost my apetite.

Charles likes this.
  4. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh:

ltdlawn likes this.
  5. North Idaho Dream

North Idaho Dream LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds very similar to our story!

RussellB likes this.
  6. RussellB

When I first moved down here I managed an upscale dog kennel. I moved on when I started this business. Ran into the owner of the kennel today at Home Depot. Wants me to come back to handle the maintenance end of the business. Sure is tempting. If nothing else......less worries.

7. North Idaho Dream

North Idaho Dream LawnSite Bronze Member

Most Costco ppl are so.... they are terrible people. I worked there many years ago and I left when the hubs started our business. Pay is good but the members suck, not all but most!

8. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Member

Most of the ones that are that way do not speak English as a first language.

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I gotta go 10 miles into town, it never fails I get stuck behind 3 rural mail carriers, 2 garabe trucks, 4 school busses, and when thing get moving Im behind a 105 year old bling man.

Then when I reach the store I wait behind a few lazy people that will wait 20 minutes blocking my way too save 10 steps when parking, wait in line to get in the store and get a cart, 6 people wanting me to donate to there cause. So I make it into the store, trip over a half dozen employees, get run over 3 times by other shoppers, and cant get to what I want as everyone is on there cell phones blocking the isles. So after navagating all that mess the store is usually out of what I went there for in the first place........So I was able too but some beer, made it to the check out 20 minute line, then get searched on my way out because the casher dont give me a receipt for the beer, get to the car that I parked far away so no one would dent it and a shopping cart is leaning on it. Heading back home and get stuck behing 3 tractors, and someone ran over my mail box.

Typical day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

knox gsl, GoPappy, weeze and 2 others like this.
  10. RussellB