1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Daily drive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RonB, Mar 14, 2008.

1. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, what is everyones average daily mileage route? I seem to log the 30's most days, some upper 20's, sometimes 40/50 miles.

Mine is around mid 30's a day - about $15/17 gas for the truck with price around here.

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't kept track of my routes, but when I go to school, it's 34 miles 1 way, so 68 miles round trip, in my truck, thats about 12-15 dollars a day, 2 times a week, and when theirs snow and I need the 4wd, that brings the cost up.

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i hear ya, 32 miles one way to school for me, 3 days a week. really sux... but i use my car.

4. AndyTblc

The way I look at it is, I spend money to get an education so I can make more money.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

^amen!

what are going to school for?

im currently going for a degree in accounting with minor in supply chain management and economics. then i want to go to lawschool

my company will stay family owned and i hope to grow it large enough so my brother can take it over. we have been doin pretty well so far!

6. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

It is near 100 for me on a long day.

7. AndyTblc

wow, 100 miles, thats got to be a long day for you, yeah I'm going to school for business management. I'm going to a community college to get it, so it will be an associates degree, but any degree is better then none.

8. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes sometimes i drive more, I work with different banks and such so i am all over the place.

9. AndyTblc

Are you one of those people who drive around in a van that says so and so bank.

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

don't really keep track.i just know it hurts when i go 2 the pump