• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Daily Sites

mitchgo

LawnSite Gold Member
The internet can actually be pretty lonely place if you don't know where to go and how to use it.

I'm curious what other websites you guys visit daily, and how often do you use the net ( Boots we all know your a robot and you are on 24/7 so you don't need to answer that)

I'm a total technology guy.

My daily sites are (excluding the www. and .com) Lawnsite, Cnet, Cnet technology, Cnn , Cnn technology, engagdet, computing.net, ubuntuforums.net, geek, My bank online, Facebook, Myspace, undergroundweather,sciencedaily and sometimes my local news q13fox.com.

About once a month i'll hit up youtube and newegg.com

Through out the day, if i'm near a computer. If I have any question I usually just wikipedia/ google it

I've been fascinated with technology my whole life. If it wasn't for me not wanting to be a huge fat kid geek when I was younger.. I would still completely be involved in the computer world and just program all day. With technology advancing so fast I'm eager and excited to know what it is going to be like in 15/30 years from now. Think how fast we have advanced in just 25 years..

Last edited:

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
mitch,

i'm just learning to use the computer, i've never owned a tv so i don't miss that.

as far as daily views here goes, lawnsite, cablevine, leaktools, lost in technology, ag alert, ippca, a couple times a week cave and mountaiin rescue and ebay for pricing, trade tecnology with equip, concrete, pool and spa, aqua mag., pipeline and trench safety, couple times a month some of fimco's suggested sites, everest basecamp, usgha/paragliding, whitewater rescue, climbing and roc and ice, and pbr and prca to check on the standings.

if i'm woking at home [ lot of that last year ] i leave the computer on 1 site or another and stop to look at posts every so often, i really do a lot of work realated searches

ARGOS

LawnSite Silver Member
To be anti-contributory...nothing. I can barely hold down the home front. No, time for extra curricular activity so I spend a few moments on lawnsite.

I used to frequent a few other landscape sites and plumbing sites (as a matter of fact I saw boots there too, obviously loves to mud plumb). Didn't have time to commit. I appreciate the irrigation forum and lawnsite's flexibility with our inability to stay the course.

Oh ya. I don't get any TV reception at the house. Never have. Kids watch videos if I am in the mood. Once my brother was going to do the "turn off the TV week" campaign from his local school. He asked me what we do with the time we don't watch TV, I said I don't have time to watch TV and wouldn't know.

Last edited:

Without A Drought

LawnSite Bronze Member
Lawnsite, a blackberry forum, NJ.com, alan's sepinwall's blog (TV critic... i watch a lot of TV, thanks to the DVR), facebook, espn, NOAA, Hulu, cinema blend (a good friend of mine writes for them), and what ever else comes to mind goes to google or wikipedia.

pg

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
Wikipedia is good for the way you can open a few more pages on related items, and pursue knowledge. Readers of the funny pages have websites to check in with.

Do a puzzle or three. Keep the brain cells in shape. I'm a sudoku fan.

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
My MacBook comes with Google built-in, so that's handy. I have book-marked: Lawnsite( Irrigation only), a desert wildflower site, a forest service fall color site, a national highway road condition site, a NWS national weather site, the Airstream owner's site and a trivia site that I find neat: refdesk.com

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
i visit macnn.com a bit, cnet, bbcnews, and a message board back from my college days... other than that I'm a weather guy.
btw I've started a blog on our website "adventures in landscaping" I figured I'm taking pictures anyways so whynot. if anyone wants to RSS or whatnot here's a link: brandon's blog

by theway the latest on (i just posted them all, but recent by date) is on this beauty... which of course the state had installed, by someone else and didn't even invite us to bid though we're like 30 min away... probably had a big shot out of raleigh do it because we're all incompetent hicks in this area

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
i visit macnn.com a bit, cnet, bbcnews, and a message board back from my college days... other than that I'm a weather guy.
btw I've started a blog on our website "adventures in landscaping" I figured I'm taking pictures anyways so whynot. if anyone wants to RSS or whatnot here's a link: brandon's blog

by theway the latest on (i just posted them all, but recent by date) is on this beauty... which of course the state had installed, by someone else and didn't even invite us to bid though we're like 30 min away... probably had a big shot out of raleigh do it because we're all incompetent hicks in this area
brandon,

are you registered on the states invitation to bid site, you can possibly get on the dba incompetent hicks list.......just kidding pal