• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

damaged junipers

captaingreen

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a customer with approximately 20 junipers (sea green) in their landscape. The plants are about 10 years old, 3'-4' high, and around 5' in diameter. Over the winter someone decided to take a shortcut in their pickup right through the middle of a row of them. Now I'm planning on fixing this act of stupidity (sorry had to get that off my chest). The biggest plants I can find are 2 gallon, which are obviously quite small in relation to the originals. My question is about how long would it take for the new junipers to catch up, I plan on pruning the old junipers to balance out a little, but obviously this won't totally do the trick. Any input would be appreciated.

kris

LawnSite Bronze Member
If all you can find is 2 gallon then I would suggest you find a new supplier. You should be able to easily find 4-5' Junipers...no they wont be 5' in diameter...just pack them in.