1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Damn Tire Co!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mickman, May 23, 2007.

1. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

OK.
    I have an 16 ft landscape 2 axel trailer bought new about 3 years ago. The 2 rear tires had some good wear, front tires looked really good. { 2 years at least }. The rear tire had slow leak, so I told on of my workers to go to a large tire co I deal with & have an fleet account. I always get my tires for my 20ft enclosed { 10 ply, at least }, well, when my truck comes back home, I seen that the tires are a smaller profile { very noticeable }.

I get a call from my helpers, that one of the older tires blew, comming off ramp into major hiway. I immediately think of the tires that are new, kinda like training wheels. The new tires are less than 6 ply, even though they have trailer load ratings on them. My trailer is off the hiway, & now I have to go in there in a.m. & snap!! I will tell them to take off the bicycle tires, & they can replace the one that blew off the rim too!!!

Am I right in this situation??? Thanks

2. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

you want them to replace the OLD tire too??

3. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

what size you use on your trailer? i have only a 15" trailer tire and never seen a 10ply, i would like one thou.