• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Dang cold froze me up!

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
I went out this morning to start my mowers up and the throttle cable on my Exmark was frozen solid.

I checked the overnight low and it had gotten down to 24.8 degrees. Brrr.

It looks like this machine will be spending the night in the shop from now on.

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Yep, we got our first frost last night. Its 27 in the deep south! This is way too early for this kinda crap! I plugged my truck up last night, that was a first. At least it's warm.

Homer

Indiana

LawnSite Member
It was 19 this morning when I got up. Man...........

All the leaves are frozen to the ground and gutters. That is what doesn't have the snow from Sunday still on them.

I HATE THE COLD WEATHER> I just want to work.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
It was 27 here at my house and a few of the rural areas were down near 20. Wowww :eek: We've got some low areas around that run 14 degrees cooler than in town, yet are only 4 miles apart. But 20's are cold for this area in November.

[Edited by Keith on 11-22-2000 at 08:47 PM]

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
It was 13 out west of Chicago, still waiting for all the snow to melt off the leaves. Sounds like I might get back to work Friday or Saturday when it gets above freezing. :)

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
RICH,

WAS A FROSTY 18 DEGREES THIS MORNING IN NORTHWEST OHIO. I STARTED UP MY WALKER TO MOVE IT AROUND THE GARAGE BUT MY GARAGE IS ALSO HEATED. I'M FINISHED CUTTING FOR THE SEASON AND DAMN GLAD OF IT. JUST TOO BLASTED COLD TO BE OUT ON A MOWER. ARE YOU DONE CUTTING OR ARE YOU STILL AT IT? TIME TO RELAX AND GET NEW BUSINESS READY FOR NEXT SEASON.
TRY THE WD-40 OR SOME TRI-FLOW ON YOUR CABLES.

GOOD LUCK,
Mowman

toddman35

LawnSite Member
just checked the weather and its 19 degrees out! glad im inside. now all we need is some snow... happy thanksgiving!

OP
Richard Martin

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Mowman wrote:

<b><i>ARE YOU DONE CUTTING OR ARE YOU STILL AT IT?</b></i>

I haven't actually cut any grass in 3 weeks. I installed a mulching kit on the mower and mulch the leaves down with it.

Jerrys Lawn Service wrote:

<b><i>24 degrees at 8AM here in Baltimore MD.</b></i>

How ironic, I'm 25 miles south of you and had the same temperature.