1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Dang huge Ferris ride on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 17, 2019.

1. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Who wants to toss bags into that hopper? Looks like you have to lean way out of your power zone to reach it and then to cut!!?? How?

I rode their small unit last year and liked it but that thing looks like trouble.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I thought they bought out pathfinder?
    That doesn’t look like a pathfinder , that looks like a moon rover that hasn’t disconnected from the lunar lander yet!

CorgiTurf and Marine03112 like this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

20% materials
    20% labor and manufacturing
    60% their “ideas”

4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

I went looking for some specs, not much info yet on the hardware components it uses. I came across this vid though:

I like the boom. 12 ft width is something I'd like and the bi-directional breakaway is great.

After a couple of hundred hours on a Venture XC I don't care for casters. Those tires are bigger so maybe they'll do a better job going over curbs and sidewalks without being deflected but I really hated how hard it was at times to even climb a few inches onto hardscape at an angle. I've never used a machine with locking casters but I assume it's a big improvement.

100 ft hose real is definitely awesome. Another complaint about the Venture is the stupid hanger for the coil hose. I had it pop out several times when I hit a bump and get wrapped around the axle and/or get burned by the exhaust. The damn thing shouldn't even be on the same side as the exhaust.

I don't think the hopper is too high. It's well below shoulder height and don't see a problem loading it, I'm pretty short too.

I think they should have put this boom and reel on the Venture XC. That would really make the machine stand out. The free spinning casters just need to go on all of their machines. I'd rather have a single hydro and solid axle like the Toro/Exmark, I haven't found a need for dual hydros on a spreader sprayer.

zlandman likes this.
  5. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Senior Member

At this point just retrofit a UTV, would have a bigger tank, more unity and it would be cheaper.

6. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Looks like a good machine. I wonder how the hydros hold up with a 1000 lb payload I assume everything is built for the weight.

7. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

Where's the hill? I drive on hills with a Z-max that are to steep to walk on.

8. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

I love the solid axel on my exmark. Runs straight on hills. I didn't like the z spray I started running because it wouldn't hold hills, period. Once I got the locking front casters fixed and started using them it's completely different. The casters hold straight, therefore keeping you straight like the exmark. As much as I would like to give Steel Green or the Scag a shot I simply can't knowing how these machines run without locking casters.

GrassManKzoo and That Guy Gary like this.
  9. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Same here, I've had to step off the Exmark and catch it because it started to tip a few times but it always tracked straight.

I lost traction several times on a Venture XC and nearly took out some utility boxes and a kid who flew by on a bike! It was very frustrating using it on hills.

Marine03112 and tdoeizreal like this.
  10. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

George jetson. I haven’t heard that name in 20 years that one comment sure did take me back to my childhood

Marine03112 and That Guy Gary like this.