Dark Mode?

Discussion in 'Site Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by weeze, May 24, 2019.

1. weeze

weeze Banned

Can a dark mode be added to the site? ....you know where the background is black and the words are white.

just wondering. i like to set everything to dark mode to make it easier on the eyes.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I don't believe so but I can double check and if it is an option I'll let you know...but I am not aware of it being available

weeze likes this.
  3. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

dark mode is only better for your eyes in low light situations. In normal daylight, or a lit room, dark mode puts more strain on your eyes.

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

It can be done, I use other sites that use this software for their forum, I'm sure it cost more money, but it would make a few of us happier. It just adds a control in the users CP. :drinkup: Who ever uses it will see.

I really hate the glare I get coming off the monitors at 3am

5. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

Why are you up at 3am?

6. OP
    OP
    weeze

weeze Banned

i dunno. i just use it all the time even on my phone. i have really good night vision. maybe it's because i wear contacts and i have astigmatism but often at night driving headlights from other cars make it harder for me to see. they blind me. i can see fine without any lights. i could drive my truck without the headlights on just using the moonlight and see everything fine. :laugh:

also during the day time i'm always wearing safety sunglasses so i'm pretty much looking in dark mode all of the time almost.

i always keep the blinds closed at my house so it will stay cooler inside. i guess i don't like it to be really bright. i mean yeah i go outside without sunglasses on but most of the time if i'm out in the sun i have sunglasses on.

right now i'm sitting inside my house. it's not totally dark but it's not bright either.

7. GreenscapeCT

GreenscapeCT LawnSite Member

I thought”dark mode” was LCO’s without identification on their truck?

No name, no contact information and no DOT numbers.

sjessen and iand like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    weeze

weeze Banned

i don't have any of that on my truck. it's not required here.

9. EricC

EricC LawnSite Senior Member

dark mode on my phone just lowers the ambient background brightness. it doesn't turn backgrounds black. I can't spend 2 seconds reading on a website that has black back grounds and white letters. I swear that stuff gets burned on your retinas after that LOL

Cam15 and Mow-Daddy.com like this.
  10. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

because he is in "dark mode"..

sjessen, Cam15 and GreenscapeCT like this.