Darwin’s Grip question

sheltoncox

LawnSite Member
Ive watched a few videos and read some reviews on the Darwin’s grip, and most of them talk about it helping relieve some back pain especially for taller guys. I’m on the shorter side at 5’7”, and am curious if anyone around my height uses a DG and notices a difference in maybe back fatigue/soreness? I’m considering ordering one, but my main concern is that with the front grip being higher, it may be awkward and make it seem like it’s harder to control the weed eater especially in tight areas. Looking for any advice/input on it!

Piro

LawnSite Member
I've got one on my Stihl Fs111rx, and I'm about 5'5". I haven't really found any situation where it gets in the way. I did leave my original handle on so if I absolutely had to I could just lower the handle down and use it. There's this one lake side I help do that I used to have to stop about every 30 feet to stretch / relax / pop my back and shoulders. So far it been any to do A 1250ft stretch without stopping

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
you just adjust it to fit you, no matter how tall you are it should be fine. The only thing to note is.. that it takes about a month to adapt to it. it uses different muscles in your arm so don't be surprised if you don't instantly love it. After a month of use, your muscles will have adapted and it's unlikely you'll go back to the old method.

Atleast thats how it was for me.

Piro

LawnSite Member
I forgot about the sore arm part! That did take about a week or two to get used to, but I'd rather deal with that temporarily instead of a sore back.

you just adjust it to fit you, no matter how tall you are it should be fine. The only thing to note is.. that it takes about a month to adapt to it. it uses different muscles in your arm so don't be surprised if you don't instantly love it. After a month of use, your muscles will have adapted and it's unlikely you'll go back to the old method.

Atleast thats how it was for me.