Lawn Care Forum banner

Data on customers who move

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike Leary 
#1 ·
So I sent my existing customer list over to the mailing company that send out our fall postcards. They put the data through an NCOA list to see who has moved.

I originally had 1125 customers on the list - these are active customers we have worked for in the last three years.
I then cut it down to 1050 to mail out.
Received a list of 71 that have moved in the last 12 months.
Of those that moved, 22 are still here in Colorado Springs and Monument.
17 of those are in areas we actually service.
11 of those moved to apartments or town homes that we cannot service.
So a total of 6 are still in the possible service area for us, just at a different address.

Just a little bit of data for some of you geeks. I've kind of become a data geek the last few years. Just wanted to share how many people move in/out of our area. With the 3 military bases, the Air Force Academy, and many defense contractors, we are a very transient community. People moving in and out all the time. I know, useless info for you all, but I still wanted to share.

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't track customers that have moved. They will call me if they want. I sure as hell won't bother them. Makes me wonder if a mailing service could get to intrusive.
I don't really track them, but I received the list from the mailing company and was putting these customers on Inactive. Just thought I'd tally up the numbers and share. The list gives me their forwarding address, but I don't send anything to them once they have moved. I will hopefully be going to an email list only, starting sometime next year. Paying the USPS is a thorn in my side. They have failed me countless times, and with prices rising AGAIN, I would rather never send anything through USPS again.

#7 ·
So I sent my existing customer list over to the mailing company that send out our fall postcards. They put the data through an NCOA list to see who has moved.

Just a little bit of data for some of you geeks. I've kind of become a data geek the last few years. Just wanted to share how many people move in/out of our area. With the 3 military bases, the Air Force Academy, and many defense contractors, we are a very transient community. People moving in and out all the time. I know, useless info for you all, but I still wanted to share.
Nothing is wrong with data.
Your particular info may not be of value to somebody else,however, its how you use the information,teach us how to do something similar and apply that info.

Some know that not only do I do install and repair as part of my company, but I do aerating also. I also keep a data base and specially now, its amazing to see how many repeat clients you have or new clients because they move or forced to sell.

My county was one of the most severely hit counties in CA when it came to foreclosure. Heck, our county seat was the biggest city ever to declare bankruptcy.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.