1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

daycares

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Oct 19, 2008.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious to see if anyone else has any contracts with a nation wide day care.

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Did'nt know there was a nation wide daycare. So NO! I do a large local daycare though.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I thought this thread was going to be about employees.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. No national chain day cares, but a couple of local ones. The chance of liability scares the crap out of me. Plus they're always underfunded. I've been leveraged into servicing the two I have but I'd prefer to have none.

Why do you ask?

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well i landed 24 of them and just wanted to see what all the nightmares were. they are no where near under funded. they regional manager told me they have $10,000 in the budget for each store a year for lawn care and landscaping.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

is there a lot of trimming around crap and that kind of stuff?

8. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I am with Mr. Haggerty. The liability scares me. I turned down a couple of locals for that reason
    Dave in Dayton

9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I did a couple of CW's a few years ago and had trouble getting paid. They always paid at 90 days. Then, one day, one of my guys left a gate open. A motorist brought a kid back they found in the highway median. Every daycare worker got fired and me, Needless to say, I didn't get paid for 3 months of work.

Oh ya, we could only mow the fenced in area during lunch/nap time.

I'll NEVER mow a daycare again!!!